Google Android Phone

lightningfast

Google’s new G1 phone announced today is the first real competitor to the iPhone. Like Apple’s product, it’s a serious handheld computer with a powerful new operating system (called Android) and a clever touch-based user interface. Like the iPhone, it’s likely to be a major new platform for third-party software. But it’s also very different, and may appeal to different buyers.

The phone, expected to be the first of many to use the Android operating system, was largely designed by Google, and was built by HTC of Taiwan. It will be sold in the U.S. starting next month by T-Mobile, for $179 with a two-year contract.

More

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't stand the Windows Mobile OS. Everyone I know that has it, has nothing but problems with it.

For now, I like the iPhone best. But with time, and some nicer designs (phone wise), the Android OS could become a serious competitor.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Do the people you know use windows mobile on a HTC phone?
HTC have done a number of customisations to windows.
The only really bad thing about windows mobile is the internet explorer for mobile which is total garbage, but I use opera mini, and that is now a standard install on all HTC phones.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
that comment of mine was made back in 2008
for now, the best smartphone in my opinion is the iphone 3gs

lauryn tom

i'm still keeping my iphone. apple's concept is the basis for most of touch screen phones that allow 3rd party softwares..

ishie

I loved my iPhone but I was also using Google products on the web a lot. I love this G1. Super fast, super practical.

Goldstar

Banned
Right now I would say the best is the myTouch 3G. I have it and it's great but if I were you, I would wait a couple months for a new device to come out. Faster processors and Android 2.0 (eventually) are on the way. I was dying to get an Android phone this summer so when the myTouch came out, I just went for it. I don't regret it since I don't think any better phones have come out yet on T-Mobile but I'm sure in a month or two there will be better phones. If you need a physical keyboard, you could go with the Motorola CLIQ but I'm not a big fan of layering new UI's on top of Android.

Regards,