Google Analytics Question: Are there any downsides?

celini

Banned
Can your figures be no-so-accurate?
I have put analytics code on my website of each page. But Figures shows same visits and sometime low bounce rate & sometimes high. Is it relevant for our websites

bozy12v

can't trust

No visitor counting system can be fully trusted but i think google analytics is one of the most accurate.

netstudio

I've usually found that if my numbers were pretty far off from expected, there was an implementation error somewhere on my site. (sessions being dropped in between subdomains, random refreshes, redirects, etc). Overall though, it's been fantastic.

hkwebdesign.nl

I think it's a great system to track allot of websites at the same time, and makes it easier to improve your search results if specific sites are falling behind.

constanthosting

I track a ton of my websites and my wifes websites with Google analytics. I also have AWStats and Webalizer installed to parse my apache logs. Google analytics is pretty spot on. One thing I noticed with Webalizer and AWStats is that if a visitors stays on your site for a really long time, they will count the visitor twice or even three times if they stay on long enough, These options can be changed.. Impressions are usually always correct between these three systems.

mrandrei

I only rely on Google Analytics. I personally think it's the most reliable tool out there. It shows comprehensive results and analysis. I don't have any bad things to day about it.