Google Adwords Placements

jnjc

Hi Folks,

Can anybody point me in the right direction as to how to get adds listed in the top 'Sponsored Links' section of a google search. I can get my ads to appear on the right hand side of the seach page but I'd like them to appear in the top section above the search results.

TIA,
JC

mrandrei

There's really no way to determine where your ads will land. Adwords placement depends on the amount you bid on. If users often click on an ad, Google will also likely place the ad higher up on the results page.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I dont know the exact answer, but I always assumed it was a combination of the click bid and the click throug ratio (CTR) which determines which ads appear at the top. Basically they probably want the ads that are making them the most money to appear there, so they can make even more, but obviously there must be other criteria, as often there are only one or two ads to the right and none at the top.
Some have suggested that the top spot at the top of the page may need to be manually approved. Only way to find out for sure is to ask them.

Last edited: