Good or bad idea

jump74

Hello Guys,

Just your opinion
I realized a test with a video in background of a Wordpress responsive template.

What is your opinion for this technology
http://revol.jkastafiore.com

It is just a BETA site (to test the technology) with video and slide with reactive keyboard <-- -->
it is not the final movie : the final version will make 5 to 7 second maximum.

small animation or small video in background :
Is it a good idea? a good technololy? OR is it very bad idea?

Thank you very much for your advices
Best Regards
Jean-Paul
Excuse-me for my bad English (I am French)

First Impressions are intriguing, though when i used my arrow keys, the different pictures were coming out of no were, as im aware its supposed to do. Some people use arrow keys to scroll a page (me) this would then put them well off reading anything with that in the background.

Just my opinion, its pretty cool idea, but not for the this purpose.

CaldwellYSR

No..... I dislike that very much personally. I don't understand it at all and it just kind of looked all over the place and waiting for the splash screen was just too much for me. Interesting concept but doesn't work in my opinion.

jump74

No..... I dislike that very much personally. I don't understand it at all and it just kind of looked all over the place and waiting for the splash screen was just too much for me. Interesting concept but doesn't work in my opinion.

Thank you very much for your answers.
That helps me much. That gives me ideas for the future topics and corrections today

This system is normally envisaged only in background of the site: the video corresponds to the possibility of putting an introduction (old possibility with flash files).

Today, it is not possible to repeat (in good conditions) the video during slide show.
it is possible to see video only in first time.

I'm going to finish the real site. And if you are OK, i will ask again your opinion.

Thank-you very much
Very Humbly
Jean-Paul

ajkent

Beta

In general, you should expect to run into bugs whenever using any piece of beta software. These bugs may range in severity, from minor features that don't work to problems that cause your computer to crash. Before choosing to use a piece of beta software, you should decide whether the benefit of new features in a beta program outweighs the risk of program instability. You should also be aware that UITS does not thoroughly test beta software, nor will the software be guaranteed by its maker, so you should not expect the same level of support as you would receive for an official release version of the program.

jump74

In general, you should expect to run into bugs whenever using any piece of beta software. These bugs may range in severity, from minor features that don't work to problems that cause your computer to crash. Before choosing to use a piece of beta software, you should decide whether the benefit of new features in a beta program outweighs the risk of program instability. You should also be aware that UITS does not thoroughly test beta software, nor will the software be guaranteed by its maker, so you should not expect the same level of support as you would receive for an official release version of the program.

Thank-you very much for your advice
Jean-Paul