Good code, writing needs help?

melangley

So here's my question: You have good code but the basic content of your pages needs help. A lot of help. Would you pay this group of professional writers (news writers, lawyer & playwrite) to punch up the copy on your site?
They are a lot cheaper than PR or ad firm.
Let me know what you think before I move forward.
Thank you.

melangley

Sorry too obscure

It's a news and information site for a local charity group ... it's not up yet. I like them and what they had to offer (they're just getting going as well apparently) and have loads of exp in various fields (news, law, playwriting).
They say they can write the basic information for anywhere from $250-$800 depending upon how much of the site they write. It is within my budget.
I hope that's enough ... and please pass the vodka. :confused:

melangley

good ?

it's enough content but i'm most concerned that it be well written ... and i don't want to hire a PR firm (i don't have that kind of budget)

wade635

hire a freelance copywriter. Im sure you can find an affordable one or barter services. writing proper content is one of the most important parts of seo.

JayT

I'm trying to follow you here... are you saying that you have a website but no content to put on it?

If so, what was the purpose of making this website to begin with? To exclusively help make money for someone else? Where do I sign up?

wizzpig666

It's a news and information site for a local charity group ... it's not up yet. I like them and what they had to offer (they're just getting going as well apparently) and have loads of exp in various fields (news, law, playwriting).
They say they can write the basic information for anywhere from $250-$800 depending upon how much of the site they write. It is within my budget.
I hope that's enough ... and please pass the vodka. :confused:

Still sounds quite expensive, unless we are talking about a boatload of content. Being a charity group I would think that kind of money for copy writing somewhat excessive. I would do it for far less, and i'm not a lawyer :)