Gaming Website critique...

--BB--Xanthe

Hey guys, hope this is the right place to be posting. Just wanted to showcase my Clan leaders Website for critique. We are a gaming community and are very active on several games for the PS3. We take pride in being organized and have a very structured environment. If there are any gamers out there, please be sure to stop by and say hi. Let us know if there are any improvements we could do to maximize the sites effectivness! Thanks guys, I'll be stopping by frequently to see what's going on here! :)

www.101stscreamingeagles.net

Peace
BB

adx

All the flash makes the load time almost insufferable. The design however is really nice and detailed, but I'm just not too happy about all the flash. Is there any way you could consider scrapping parts of the flash for regular Html/CSS? Like for instance the parts that don't move? Also when you finally reach the main page it's nearly impossible to find the off switch for the music. You might want to make it a little more obvious.

--BB--Xanthe

All the flash makes the load time almost insufferable. The design however is really nice and detailed, but I'm just not too happy about all the flash. Is there any way you could consider scrapping parts of the flash for regular Html/CSS? Like for instance the parts that don't move? Also when you finally reach the main page it's nearly impossible to find the off switch for the music. You might want to make it a little more obvious.

Thanks for the advice, I'll pass that along to my clan leader! We are really trying hard to have a professional looking page. Any other critique's?

Mr. B

This is pretty good as far as clan websites go, nice and flashy.

As someone who very much opposes sound on websites, I would at least suggest sounds be off by default. Alternatively, you could make the controls for said sounds more apparent by having them always visible, as http://www.2advanced.com/ has and currently does.

You might also think about cutting the header sight somewhat. If you scroll down about 60 pixels, the site still looks great and you can see alot more actual content.

--BB--Xanthe

Thanks Mr.B, hopefully we can straighten the sound issue out. I realize this site caters to gamers and it's hard to say if they prefer sound on or off. I'll relay that info to my clan leader! Any other critiques? Keep em coming!:)

horrorshow75

I would normally agree about the flash. Doing your whole site in flash is usually a big no no. However this particular site is directed at a specific audience, your clan. So unless you have someone in your clan that requires any sort of accessibilty I wouldn't worry about it too much.