Future of Websites

RDB

Just a general question. I know Responsive sites are all the range at the moment but do you think with the latest increase in JS such as Angular, Node and Backbone etc do you think websites will be made with these languages?

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure if it's the future, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get work without "knowing" these libraries. particularly angular, it seems to be the most popular one these days.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Node is going to become a big player in server-side code, and we may even be so lucky as to have it usher out PHP as top dog. JavaScript is a great language, and being able to run it both client and server-side and have them be able to "talk" to one another, coupled with task runners like Grunt and Gulp is huge. Front-end libraries come and go, and I expect the current crop to do the same. Front-end libraries have a problem with overhead, and until we can get a handle on that, perhaps by pushing some of that to the server, their days will be numbered.

RDB

I'm not sure if it's the future, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get work without "knowing" these libraries. particularly angular, it seems to be the most popular one these days.

I do totally sympathize with you on this it seems that everyone is now demanding some js libaries