Furasta CMS - Beta 1 v0.1

conor

Hi,

I am currently working on writing my own CMS. I have just released the first beta of v0.1 and am anxious for some feedback.

As this is a beta I have not concentrated on cross browser compatibility yet, it has been tested on Firefox 3 Fedora and I would not be surprised if it looked terrible on anything else! I hope to have all cross browser issues fixed before a stable release.

You can read more here or download here.

Please feel free to donwload, install and test! I would appreciate some feedback on any bugs or any ideas as to the future of the project,

Thanks

Snerdey

How did you address the seo of the coding? As in, most of the CMS's websites are just stuffed with so much coding that the bots are not really indexing the sites very well cause there's just too much to go through before they even reach the content.

Sure site maps are fine but just curious what your approach is.

Snerdey

Also.. you need to add a demo link to a live working sample. Most will not download until they see something.

Including me :)

Just being honest and trying to help ya!

conor

hi,

At the moment the cms only generates meta tags such as description, title, tags etc. But in the future I do plan to expand on that.

The CMS generates XHTML as much as possible and if you look at the front end source once you have installed then you will see that it is not all over the place but well structured.

I usually do post demos but never for a beta version. I also want to get people to give me some feedback on the installer. There will be a demo for the next stable release but untill then you will just have to download! :)

Snerdey

Ok, cool.. maybe some screen shots and I was referring to your actual website. People wanna see what it's supposed to look like.. that's all I was saying :)

Ahh.. actually did not catch the beta part. See what I get for scanning over the text ;)