full screen photo gallery

the99sg

seemingly simple with many options out there.
However, I haven't been able to find one that is just right:

I need a photographic gallery that will show images full screen without cropping, and without stretching any photo's...
it needs to cope with different aspect ratio's from panoramic landscapes to portrait 3x2's without cropping or stretching.
- in order to show a landscape it would need to be 100%width (easy)
- in order to show a portrait it would need to be 100%height, except needs an exception so that if the widow is narrowed down the constraint switches to 100%width.

if anyone has sony advise, i'm keen to try it (in preference order) html, css or java - however i wish to avoid flash.

thanks

craftygeek

I think that you need to look at Jquery (javascript library) - have a search for Jquery gallery plugins, there are loads of them...one of them will probably do this.

the99sg

thanks, you were correct. Jquery got me there...
I had looked at Jquery before - more specifically galleria - and prematurely written it off! seems i'd just overlooked some settings. especially image_crop: false,
I'm truly grateful - it could have taken me weeks without the tip.

the99sg

Maybe 10 minutes once I figured it out(with the above advise). It's nice and simple, Exactly what I was after: looks great and really simple to keep updated with new images. I should have jumped on the forum and asked the question long ago! I had wasted so much time on something so simple!

the99sg

I use jquery for everything now.
It rocks! So easy to implement and the clients love it.
Very pleased phase away from flash.

BradT81

I use jquery for everything now.
It rocks! So easy to implement and the clients love it.
Very pleased phase away from flash.

I have been using Jquery in place of flash on many different things especially slideshows and rotating images, etc

v2Media

galleria is good enough. I merged it with WP's next-gen gallery as a source of images. The timthumb.php (next-gen plugin) script for image manipulation is a good piece of scripting. The 'zoom-crop' parameter is good for universal frame sizes. Not unlike the 'image-crop' parameter in galleria, except the next-gen gallery creates new image files to suit instead of resizing in-browser.

Bleh - have had my head bashed against galleria for a custom wp gallery for a few days. It was a good starting point.