FTP? Drives me crazy

Wanderer

Hi guys first post.

Ok so I have recently decided to try and learn the tricky process of web design. But im stuck at the first hurdle, Ive made a mock up site(one image for testing) with photoshop. The problem is I can't upload it?

(Ive read about 100 help threads on google still no luck)

Im using filezilla (heres some shots)

attachment.php

attachment.php

(OTHER DETAILS: I turned off all my firewalls

Im using a free host just experimenting

That is definitely the correct login and password and site address im logged in teh site)

I had a simlair problem a few years back and kicked the bucket with it and just gave up trying..but hopefully I can get by this,thanks.

Attachments

• Capture login.JPG
    Capture login.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 23
  • Capture test.JPG
    Capture test.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 18

smoovo

First of all don't panic, it's just a matter of misunderstanding it's not a big deal. All of your firewalls should back to work, no need to disable or enable anything in it, your program (FileZilla) will do it automatically.

You need:
Host Name (domain.com), User Name and Password. If you set it up well at your hosting account it should work, if it's not - you did something wrong, but not in FileZilla or on your machine.

If it's not working:
Go to your hosting account and see if the user name and password you are using is the real one, try to change it and write it down exactly as you typed it (case sensitive). FileZilla using smoovo.com instead of www.smoovo.com, but try the second one anyway, or, see if this free account not contains any adds sub-domains like www.free.smoovo.com, if it does you should write at the host name window free.smoovo.com.

See also this.

I hope it will work for you, good luck.