freelance sites from the clients perspective

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
a while back i stumbled upon a freelance site which i unfortunately did not bookmark.

for print media / graphics design they had it setup to where the potential freelancer wouldn't just place a bid in order to try and the job. for instance, i was looking at stationaries that one client requested and the freelancer would design the stationary and post a image of the completed design for the client to review. this way all that were interest in the job could post their work and the client could pick which suited his needs best and go from there.

while the freelancers were operating at a higher risk, as in investing time in a project they won't get, it seemed to be a much better approach to at least this particular aspect of freelance site realm.

i am interested in posting some work for professional print media on that site, but i can't for the life of me think of what it was called.

do you know which site i am talking about or at least of one similar in design?

ian

Administrator
Staff member
sorry, not really into freelancing sites, but the few that I have seen, people just submit their bids and their experience, what you described sounds a lot like design contests that are posted on forums. Would definitely be a better way of outsourcing graphic design work from the clients perspective.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes it would and it is the only way i am willing to do it. it wasn't a forum though, it was an actual freelance site. if only i could recall what it was called.