free webdesign

kingleodiorio

Hey, guys. Im starting to offer free webdesign to clients, in order to build out a killer portfolio, and be challenged to do better designs. My question: Is there a good way to reach new clients? I feel that many people would jump at the chance for free webdesign, if they knew that I'd do it for them. Please let me know.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Offering free web design will not give you a "killer" portfolio, rather a portfolio full of ma and pa sites that don't really need to be onlone anyway. More than likely youll get a reputation for doing free sites effectively killing your career prospects and pigeon hole you for a very long time and it'll be very hard to get out of. Also free clients don't value your work and end up being problematic as they always want multiple changes... If you go down that path it's your own choice but I think it's a bad idea...

Lizyd Design

Although, if you choose your clients carefully, and believe me you will have enough to choose from, work on a couple of sites that are worth the effort, it might be a good thing... Try marketing on Twitter and other such social networks.