Frames Question

LynnInfinity

I have a client who has built their website using frames. They would like to have someone take their website out of frames because they don't know code etc. and I'm curious is it possible to accomplish this in a cost effective manner or would they perhaps be better off just creating a wordpress website for example one that they can edit and update themselves that's more SEO friendly? Thanks!

d a v e

i think it mostly depends on how they want to update it. it wouldn't cost so much to take it out of frames but if they come back and say they want to update it then might as well redo the whole site as wordpress anyway ;) of course there are many free simple cms systems that plugin into non WP/joomla etc sites - it all depends on what they want to do.

have you got alink to the site?

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
first of all if the site is built with frames, then there is a good chance that the rest of the code is pretty miserable. its a pretty outdated way of building websites, and thus i'd probably safely assume that there is a lot of inline styles contained within it. It would probably be time to redo the design as well, yeah?

all in all I think that you will give yourself more headaches to "fix" it rather than take the best bits and build it into a newer, more modern website, including a cms

krymson

im going to have to agree with Phreadee on this one, frames was late 90's early 2000's. It would be safe to assume that the site needs a good overhaul, if you KNOW (keyword is know) that they are going to make pretty frequent (3-5 times a month minimum) changes then you would want to go with a cms. Pretty easy to design and even easier to maintain once up and running. if you try to fix their current website you'll just be reinventing the wheel and causing yourself more headaches and sleepless nights trying to figure out someone elses code. Waste of time money effort and agony.

LynnInfinity

Thanks for responding Dave, Phreaddee and Jonathan. You're all confirming my initial thoughts but I wanted to get feedback from some experts. I'll still with my original recommendation of going with new WordPress sites. Cheers! Lynn

Last edited: