Frame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ar3d

hi.. i want to get your opinion or taught regarding on frame (html).. as far i know frame can crawled by a SE robot but it hard for a robot to crawl this kind of page that has a frame. but some say it frame can't crawled.. what was the true behind this? please justify your answer..

cooluks

hi.. i want to get your opinion or taught regarding on frame (html).. as far i know frame can crawled by a SE robot but it hard for a robot to crawl this kind of page that has a frame. but some say it frame can't crawled.. what was the true behind this? please justify your answer..

The answer for that is this:

Why do search engines hate framed websites?
The main reasons why most framed websites fail to get indexed properly on the major search engines that use crawlers such as Google. When we look at the HTML code of a common framed web site, we usually see the TITLE tag, the META tags, and then a FRAMESET tag. The major search engine's crawlers and spiders such as Google Bot and Freshbot are all programmed to completely ignore certain HTML code and instead are directed to specifically focus on indexing the actual body text on a particular page.

But with any typical framed website, there is just no body text for the search engine's crawler to begin with, simply because the text is located on the other pages of the site, what we call the inner pages.

lee_vhoi_ol

I recommend you avoid using frames.

Try CSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.