Forum.. How do I attract more members?

dj_laugs

Hey all.. I am new here. I have just finished a forum website for motorcycle enthousiasts. I worked in that field for the past years and did webdesign the years prior to that. I have some HTML knowledge and a little knowledge about php.

I approached some of my motorcycle dealers but find it hard to get new members to my forum.. since this is a forum as well, what would be a good idea to try?

Site link is: http://www.motorcycleridersusa.com

Any ideas or suggestions??

3dmagicaldesign

Well.. if you want to attract many members you need to think about:

1) Doing SEO for the forum, you need to optimize for the main keywords which I think "motorcycle forum"

2) Create interesting content, things that make your users want to share the article or invite new people.

The design is really good, just focus in the promotion, use as many SEO strategies as possible. Good luck with your venture!

dj_laugs

Thank you for your feedback. Of course there are some 'big dogs' out there that are out pacing me in financial advertising. I also have no idea on how to update the keywords on that forum..

Same actually goes for my online store at www.adproshopping.com. I think it looks okay (could actually use a good zen template). I can't get the traffice to save my life.. I am spending a lot of cash in both print and online advertising.

mrandrei

Have you tried PPC/Adwords already? I highly suggest that. That's a good strategy to promote your site and boost traffic.

Riccur

Here is a couple of good ways to promote your site. First you should get the word out there about your forum. You can do this by going to some bigger forums and posting your link in your signature and asking for reviews like this one. If people like it they will stay. Just don't spam. You can also expand your crew. Giving people the opportunity to be a moderator, will increase your traffic since they will tell other people about the site. You could also pay people to go to your forum and post, but that is if you are willing to invest money.

Modern_Media

Go to motorcycle events, biker bars, and anything else you can think of - bring a stack of business cards. I'm not talking about a handful- I mean a 1000 stack box of business cards with your forum on it. Walk around with your box. I'm SERIOUS.

People will be curious to what you are handing out. It works. I've done it before on a few viral marketing campaigns.

If you do it- let me know how it turned out.

SPZ

Make some fake accounts and post topics with them. When there are enough ppl, delete the fake accounts.

Ppl will see that there IS any activity going on your forum, so they might register and post some things too! ;)

weblearner

I think you will be able to increase your visits considerably with some SEO wor. Get you page on the first page of Google and you got it.

aboutimage.com

I have some basic SEO tips on my site:

www.Aboutimage.com

1. Create a Buzz Online

Word of mouth is one of your most powerful marketing tools. Allow people to post testimonials and discuss your products, services, and industry. Keep people interested and involved with articles and good discussions revolving around your business by adding social meida modules like Blogs, Forums, and Chat rooms.

2. Create your Business Network

Link popularity can make or break your website with the search engines. The more quality links you have the better. Contact businesses within your industry that are not competitors of your business that have quality web sites. Preferably contact the Webmaster or business owner by phone personally. If you choose to write an email requesting a link exchange, distinguish yourself from the spam. Let the businesses know you are serious with a Professional Banner Portfolio including different sizes and variations of web banners for your site.

Three key factors to when considering a link:

* Link Rating
* Industry Specific but Non Competitive Business Links
* Professional Image
* Quality not Quantity

3. Branding

Host an appealing professional web site designed with distinctive features and a URL that matches your business. A well designed website is attractive as well as functional to meet the demand of the market. Arrange and display your products or services in user friendly pages. Web pages should include Search Engine Optimized content with relevant Meta Tags and Title Tags to ensure your web page has optimal visibility.

4. Manage Your Business

Make your website work for you with modules that can streamline your business line. Enable clients to purchase your goods or services with ease and confidence using a E-commerce solutions. Utilize your web site efficiently to manage clients, employees, and inventory. Build modules into your business web site to make your website a greater asset to your company.

5. Offline Marketing

Have up-to-date professional Business Cards, Stationery, Flyers, Posters, Newsletters, with your new web address on it. First impressions are important; make it a good one with well designed business cards and custom stationery.

James C Sorena

James C Sorena
http://www.Aboutimage.com
Aboutimage Design & Photography

Last edited by a moderator:

sitegrinder

I guess you need first to know who are your target audience their personality and interests so you could very well cater to their needs..try to join social sites join groups and reach out to people that do have interest on motorcycle. Good Luck and More Power!