Footer question

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by webstudent123, May 24, 2012.

to remove all ads.
  1. webstudent123

    webstudent123 New Member

    Alright, so I am not sure what this is called, and cannot find an example to link here, but all I really need to know what to search for to find the css or javascript behind:

    A footer that not only sticks to the bottom of the page, but rides with the bottom of the browser window at all times, going atop content & ALWAYS being view/clickable-

    I have searched 'sticky floating footer', but they answers all pertain to 'sticky footers', that have to be scrolled down to on long pages- More intended to be used on short pages.

    Really looking for terminology here, but advice on 'how-to' would be great as well ; )

    Cheers! thanks in advance.
  2. CaldwellYSR

    CaldwellYSR Member

    You're looking for position: fixed in CSS. Honestly I can't really see a footer needing this... the footer doesn't typically contain important enough information to warrant being seen at all times.
  3. krymson

    krymson Member

    It's also called a sticky footer, and it would be a great place to have some contact info and social media links so its always readily available to the user to contact the person who needs to be contacted... That's the main purpose of it.

Share This Page