Flash

stojanovic

Hi i'm new to website making, i make my websites the layout and everything slice it up in Photoshop i don't know if its a good program or not for this, then i open it up with dreamweaver and do the rest, but i wanted to know how i could make flash banners on my site, or when i click enter on my homepage the whole website opens up in a flash window, i'm interested to learn how to do that, remember im a beginner and keep low with those high tech words:p

sheanhoxie

Your on the right track, since your a beginner I would recommend just keep at it with photoshop and dreamweaver.

Flash banners though are a bit more complicated than designing a basic page in dreamweaver (not by much though once you get the hang of Flash). I would recommend downloading a trial version of Flash from Adobe, and then just hunt down some beginner tutorials online.

Good Luck!

stojanovic

Your on the right track, since your a beginner I would recommend just keep at it with photoshop and dreamweaver.

Flash banners though are a bit more complicated than designing a basic page in dreamweaver (not by much though once you get the hang of Flash). I would recommend downloading a trial version of Flash from Adobe, and then just hunt down some beginner tutorials online.

Good Luck!
Thanks, but i would appreciate it if you could find me the link for the trial version just so i know i got the right one:)
Thanks shean
Ok when i sliced the images in photoshop and open it in dreamweaver, and i hyperlink my title to go to the homepage i get weird lines and when i upload it to the ftp it stays there, how can i get rid of these lines? heres the screen shot.

Last edited:

sheanhoxie

Hmmm, cant seem to find it right now, looks like Adobe replaced the trial with CS3 with a form to get notification of CS4.

sheanhoxie

Ok when i sliced the images in photoshop and open it in dreamweaver, and i hyperlink my title to go to the homepage i get weird lines and when i upload it to the ftp it stays there, how can i get rid of these lines?

using css remove the border from your linked images, this should solve the problem.

Post this in the head of your doc or into your css file with the style tags

This will remove borders from all images that are also links on the entire page
Code:
<style type="text/css">
a img {border: 0px;}
</style>

This will remove borders from all images on the entire page
Code:
<style type="text/css">
img {border: 0px;}
</style>

aly0408

i dont know if you are looking to get rankings on google and other search engines or not, but if you are i recommend not using flash at all. the spiders that go out and look for sites have a hard time reading flash content and they wont pick up you site. but thats only if you care about getting on the search engines.