Flash Website...

ewomack

Hello. Recently I posted an all Flash site called "Get Milked". Though I have no commerical intentions for the site, I'd like to know if the site is inviting, disorientating, disturbing, etc. I've also experienced some strange, but thankfully rare, problems. For example, some of the galleries will sometimes show up blank on one computer but on a different computer across the room they display perfectly. Also, I've had some troubles with Macintoshes and the "sniffer" page (the page that detects the Flash plugin). Does anyone know if these issues are endemic to Flash sites or is it something I've done?

Here is the link: http://www.getmilked.com

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thank you for your time!

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I looked at the cartoon entitled "Moral Dilemma" and it was way cool.
Ill be back to look at the others later on when I have some spare time.
I didnt encounter any problems when I visited the site, everything functioned well for me.

ewomack

Thanks for taking the time to look, both of you. I appreciate it!

One further question, and this is a question for Flash sites: mine is a fully self-contained Flash site, meaning that it only requires one page of HTML. The disadvantage is that if you want to go "back" the browser back button refreshes the site and returns users to the home page. Do you see this as a big disadvantage or a moot point?

Thanks again!

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I just noticed that about using the browser back button returning you to the main page, I dont think it is much of an issue given that the animations are fairly lengthy and there is not a very deep linking system, so you only have one click to get back to where you intended to return.

jbrown456

I really like the site. It needs a bit more content, but overall, it is a very nice design.
The fact that it is functional is what really matters.

ewomack

Thanks for all of the feedback. I appreciate it. And sorry I haven't been around here much. I just recovered from a really busy period. And unfortunately forums have to be down on the priority list (though I'd really like them to be in the top 10! :D )

I recently updated the "toons" section so that each .swf has its own html page. Before it was all running off of only 1 html page, and so the "back" button would always take users back to the main page. That was a learning experience that took some time to fix. And I think it adds to the usability of the site as well. Not only that, I couldn't track the separate movies since all of the tracking code was contained on one html page. That was the real downer.

So if you're ever planning on making a Flash site, consider giving every page that you want to track it's own separate html page.