Flash website are not supported for Search Engine Optimization..Is it true.??.

dedicatedminder

Now a days Search Engine Optimization is one of the most important works in website promotion. Many search engines not supported Java Script and Flash work websites for crawling. And also the Frame work site's also not considered in crawling. So how can we promote Flash and Script websites for Promotion.

LouTheDesigner

I have some sites done entirely in Flash and web crawlers are actually able to grab some text from them. When you work with text that is dynamically loaded, however, you eliminate any chance of the crawlers reaching it.

I bet that in the future, perhaps 3-5 years, Flash and SEO will go much better together. Flash, and google, have so much room to improve, unlike html & CSS.

ben123

In terms of Flash the best way is to embed the flash file using a technique that allows you to add alternative html content for visitors without Flash. That way the search engines will index the alternative content. The standard way is to use something like SWF Object (http://code.google.com/p/swfobject/).

JMeZigns

When using JQuery to load external content, does this become an issue as well?

My original thought is "no". Correct if I am wrong. I usually create a stand alone HTML page and then use JQuery to load the content of a specific (<div>) into the page. The links used to call JQuery work with JavaScript enabled or not.

My assumption is that because the links work with or without JavaScript the crawler will still see the static page. However, you know what they say about assumptions. :)

If anyone could clarify this for me, please do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric

I've been reading a book on this subject called seo for flash which addresses this topic. It says yahoo and google can now index flash content but doesn't say how or if it does it as well as straight html. (I doubt it.) But it does mention several guidelines, many of which have already been mentioned:
Use alternative content, use keywords, and avoid using flash for navigation (so you can vary keywords on each page.)