Flash cs5 AS3 reverse play timeline

nawm

Im designing a flash site for my portfolio and i got most of my animations for my different pages set up, now however some of them I want to play in reverse to go back a page

Like the animation is played from frame 1-5 for home, then portfolio is played 10-15, i want a back button that playes 15-10 (in reverse) then jumps strait to 5?

how do i do that?

DHDdirect

Time (the timeline) can only move in one direction ;-).. You will have to recreate the animation in it's reserve order, preferrably in a new layer. Then you can use gotoAndPlay() or gotoAndStop() accordingly.

LouTheDesigner

Time (the timeline) can only move in one direction ;-).. You will have to recreate the animation in it's reserve order, preferrably in a new layer. Then you can use gotoAndPlay() or gotoAndStop() accordingly.

Not true if you know AS3. You can setup a timer function, with a stop() command on every piece of the timeline, and have the timer function go back one frame at a time based on the timer's interval.

-Lou

DHDdirect

Yeah but you will still be manipulating the timeline using actionscript. Sounds easiler to me, and believe it'll run smoother, recreating the animation in the reverse order.

I did say 'have to' though didn't I. I stand corrected :)