Flash Banner - just photographs

conor

I am using Adobe Flash CS3.

I don't really want to get into flash but my client is quite insistant that he wants a flash banner.

Does anyone know any tutorials to create a flash banner - purely photographs - such as the one at http://www.harvestblues.com/

It is probarbly easy to do but if you look at the nice transitional affects, that is what i want to achieve.

Thanks

jnjc

Hi Conor,

Did you get anywhere with this ? If not I really would persist with your client that to use flash to achieve this is not only overkill, but could also negatively effect their search indexing....

If you can dissuade them from the flash then have a look at this link

http://slideshow.tommcfarlin.com/

it will do what you need using JS and is a far better option then having to use flash.

(in instances like these I always tell the customer that at the end of the day if they really want flash they can have it but they will have to cover the additional developement costs and that usually does the trick).

HTH,
JC

pingeyeg

I'm not really sure what kind of Flash tutorials you could find for this, but it really isn't that difficult to do this on the timeline, but it would be better off for you if you used Actionscript because you can update the pictures a whole lot easier. I can do this for you if you are interested. Just let me know.

conor

theres not a whole lot of money going for the project so i am trying to do it all myself! Otherwise i probarbly would get someone else.

You get what you pay for.

twistedted

ok #1. to create this effect go to your timeline create as many layers as you need. "1 per picture plus 1 for your actions. #2. import your first pic in your first layer in your time line right click copy then go to keyframe 5 and paste! go back to your first keyframe right click and create a motion tween. Next go down to the bottom where it says effects and click on it go to alpha and set the slider to 0. this will create a fade in effect. Next copy your last frame on keyframe 5 go to keyframe 10 and past. go back to effects set the alpha to 0. on your second layer start off at keyframe 10. repeat for all photos. done! pretty easy.
ok know for the miss conception that flash sites are hard to seo! they are not! there are two ways to do this! the easiest way is to set up a landing page for the search engines to crawl. that page will link to your flash site. the more landing pages the better! the other way is to have a html background where you can hide your <H1> and <H2> tags. pretty simple really I have been building flash sites for years and never had a prob. with search engines picking up my sites. Good luck!

Bronzy

Hi,
I am not a design personal, However, I am user of tizag.com, where i also find a tutorial for flash as well tizag.com/flashTutorial/flashbanner.php