First Anual Ian's Web Convention...

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
so, when can we expect to be invited to the first anual ian's web convention, ian? seing as you are talking over the internet a little more day by day, when will you start and inform the rest of the world of what we already know?

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Well these sites are all being aimed at one grand masterplan, that will involve something annually related to the web, but it is a long term project, nowhere near to being launched yet, and no it is not a convention.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I cant talk about it in public. Besides it is a way off now.
These forums were built as a platform for...........

Chroder

Well mister I Own 8 sites, and one former successful one, I don't think anything is too hard for you :p

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
besides, you have already proven that you can master the hardest part, which is building a community. :)

AainaA

convention? Hmmmm if you ever decide to do this, blab about it... talking of which, I've got a funny feeling that its gonna be huge

ian

Administrator
Staff member
no, there is no convention.
It is not that hard a project to pull off, but now is not the time.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Well it is only going to ever happen at a point if I have five forums with over 1,000 members in each forum, and it wont happen anytime before that, so it is years away at best.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
just cruious, why didn't you setup the forums to share the same database for user management? would have given the network a bit more a community/connected feeling. just a thought... :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
zkiller said:
just cruious, why didn't you setup the forums to share the same database for user management? would have given the network a bit more a community/connected feeling. just a thought... :)
Dont know how to do that. I always wanted to make it so that when a User signed up at one of the forums, they were given the option of ticking other boxes, so that they could simultaneously sign up at the other forums, but that sounds like a hard job to do, and also it would make doing software updates harder as well.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
it's really not that hard to have all the forums share a single user database and it shouldn't really effect software updates, unless the update makes changes to the back end as well.