Finding clients

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
Advertise yourself. Try bidding on some jobs on freelance sites. Or participating in some contests on 99designs.com. The best ad is a job well done - people talk!

conor

I agree with that, the best advertisment is your own site. Let google know that your a web designer, and if people search for designers in a certain area you might just turn up! But remember to put a lot of work into your own site, show off a little!

axzm

To be honest, I tried for several years to use every freelance site out there but nothing to this day has made me more money and won more clients than hitting the pavement. There is something to be said about a young, ambitious person actually approaching a business owner and telling them what they do. You will get turned down 95% of the time, but that other 5% bought me a pretty nice car...

Something to think about!

kangomedia

I agree with axzm.

Go out to your local marketplace, introduce yourself and give out your business cards. More than likely you are sitting on a goldmine. There's tons of competition online for web designers. Set yourself apart as the web designer that will personally meet with your clients in your area.

Hope that helps.

Freddy Rodriguez

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
To be honest, I tried for several years to use every freelance site out there but nothing to this day has made me more money and won more clients than hitting the pavement. There is something to be said about a young, ambitious person actually approaching a business owner and telling them what they do. You will get turned down 95% of the time, but that other 5% bought me a pretty nice car...

Something to think about!
Like I said - Advertise Yourself!!! :)

starteasy

rofl axzm...good call! and so very true! Harden-up! Want work, get it yourself. If you sit at home expecting money as you sleep, you're in a dream world. Build your business, build the respect, then maybe...MAYBE...one day you CAN earn money as you sleep...if you're lucky.