feedback on design

feint

Hey everyone,

I usually don't make designs but some people asked for my help because they liked my work.

Now i am making a new design for a driving school but i'm wondering what other people think of the design.

I am also not sure what to do with the content pages, how i want to display the content without smuddering the page or making it hard to navigate.

Here is the design i am currently working on:

The fonts are probably gonna change, but i am not sure what font type i am going to use yet.

Any feedback is welcome, i don't do this for a living but just as a hobby so it is nice to see if this is something i can make work of :)

Thanks,

Feint

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's not bad. I'm not sure I understand why we have Opel, and a camera lens on the same page, though. Is that the language barrier, or is it just dummy content?

Design-wise, if you're going to use rounded borders on the rest of the page, you should use them on the menu as well. It makes the menu look blocky by comparison.
Also, the menu is too close to the logo. It feels cramped. Give it the same spacing as the rest of the page.
You might consider reducing the size of the "Register | Login" block. It's a bit overwhelming.

Other than that, it's really good. It's sleek and clean. I'm interested in how it will look coded out.

caboose7775

It's not bad. I'm not sure I understand why we have Opel, and a camera lens on the same page, though. Is that the language barrier, or is it just dummy content?

Design-wise, if you're going to use rounded borders on the rest of the page, you should use them on the menu as well. It makes the menu look blocky by comparison.
Also, the menu is too close to the logo. It feels cramped. Give it the same spacing as the rest of the page.
You might consider reducing the size of the "Register | Login" block. It's a bit overwhelming.

Other than that, it's really good. It's sleek and clean. I'm interested in how it will look coded out.

I think the driving school uses video recordings in their cars?

feint

The Opel on the front page is because they recently gotten a new car and they want to let people know that to try and get more clients (young people like new stuff, especially if they can brag about the car they are taking driving lessons in ;) ).

The camera is indeed because they use camera recording to record the lesson so you can watch it back, this is also a new feature so they wanted to give it a little bit more attention, although they can always be replaced by something else they want to give some extra attention.

@ronaldroe

Thanks for the advice, those are some good points.

I am gonna see if i can code it without using a too image heavy website but that should not be a problem.

anyway thanks for the advice.

greetings,

Feint

doug_eike

The design looks great to me. I would shrink the "L" to create some space around it, and I would try to convince the customer to replace the lens with some other camera-related image, perhaps a video camera. Otherwise, congratulations on an excellent design.