Feedback bicycles website

Roddy

The background image doesn't do anything for the site and, in Safari, it wobbles from side to side on page load on some pages.

I hope Facebook is paying you well for advertising them! A lot of website owners seem to think the size and number of social media buttons adds prestige.

On the product detail pages, I would expect to see more tech specs if I was considering paying that much for a bicycle.

bowenac

The background image doesn't do anything for the site and, in Safari, it wobbles from side to side on page load on some pages.

I hope Facebook is paying you well for advertising them! A lot of website owners seem to think the size and number of social media buttons adds prestige.

On the product detail pages, I would expect to see more tech specs if I was considering paying that much for a bicycle.

I have to disagree. I think the background image is fitting and goes well with the site. I don't see the problem with social media buttons. Most companies use them I don't see any harm in it. If anything someone will click on there facebook tab and go like there facebook page which could potentially return more customers... isn't that the whole point? Not sure how that could be considered a bad thing.

The only thing I can say about the site is the actual content is off to the right a little and just feels odd looking at it. I think it would be better if it was more centered. Other than that I like it.

Also I think you could move your header image to the right to get rid of the white space make it like the left.

You could add this to your .row class "left: 20px;"

Another thing not sure if it is just the font or what but there is a larger space in the MOUNTAINBIKES after the T look kind of weird.

Last edited:

Edge

I concur with the centering issue - the main content column should sit in centre. I can see why it isn't as you've offset logo from header. However, as soon as I load that page, I'm get irked by everything being off to the right. I also find the main column too thin which means lots of vertical scrolling (on my laptop) before I get to see bikes for sale. In this age of cufon and google (better) fonts I would have thought there might be some racier fonts oyu could have used for headings?

AsheSkyler

I have no complaints with the design.

I do have a nitpick with your marketing. I'm gonna echo Roddy about there being a product description with each bike. What makes your $5000 bikes better than the $50 bikes at Wal-Mart? Brakes? Gears and speeds? Suspension? Tires? Titanium frame?? Sell these bikes as if they were better than Ferari! Or if they were the Feraris of the bike world. Either way, they could use a salesman's touch.

AsheSkyler

Ohhh, okay. For some bizarre reason I was thinking that clicking on a picture would "add to cart" instead of go to the description page. Sorry 'bout that.