Facing Data loss, About to go crazy!!

3dmagicaldesign

Dear WDF members:

This is the website: www.sgugele.de

* The last time we updated the database was yesterday at 7 pm UTC/GMT -5 hours., We
made tests on Sgugele and I made a backup to the database. Then around 10 pm my time I
went to the website again to to triple check that everything was working properly, and then I
discovered data loss again, there were about 40 records missing, then I restored it
immediately and it is showing properly now.

* The hosting support tells me that they have thousands of websites hosted and once they made backups to all the databases none of the thousands of clients they have present the problem that we are facing. I am not trying to blame
the hosting company for this, they are very reliable but it is very frustrating to know that you save everything properly and then you go back later and see the data lost.

* We always use the same structure to build all our websites, that's why I don't
understand it is only happening in sgugele and happened but is not happening anymore on the other websites that our company develops.

* Can data registers disappear after database is properly saved on the server?
Yesterday after we made the backup we tested and the site was working properly, then we
left the office, but then, I tested 3 hours later and there was data lost.

* Can this be caused by a computer virus?

I would really appreciate your comments, if you have any questions please let me know, I will reply immediately

Ignis

Switch hosts, unless you have some sort of timely deletions going on the fault is most likely theirs.

It's OK to blame your host, sometimes they really are clueless.