extreme newb question: IE vs FFox

wizzpig666

Hi

I have just started learning dreamweaver and flash, and posted my first web page yesterday. The online problem is, when viewed with firefox it is exactly as I expected, but with IE you have to scroll across the screen to get the page centred. If I change the right margin, i can centre it for IE but then it is out of whack for FFox.

Please can some kind soul tell me how I can sort this out?

sheanhoxie

Looks fine for me too on both... if your still having trouble or for future reference you can always create two separate stylesheets. One that works for IE and one that works for FF.

When your calling the stylesheets in the head of your doc, call the FF stylesheet first, then follow with this code:
Code:
       <!--[if IE]>
		<link rel="stylesheet" href="ie_stylesheet.css" type="text/css" />
	<![endif]-->

wizzpig666

Looks fine for me too on both... if your still having trouble or for future reference you can always create two separate stylesheets. One that works for IE and one that works for FF.

When your calling the stylesheets in the head of your doc, call the FF stylesheet first, then follow with this code:
Code:
       <!--[if IE]>
		<link rel="stylesheet" href="ie_stylesheet.css" type="text/css" />
	<![endif]-->
i put in the div align tag and that seemed to fix it. Thanks a lot for having a look

nighthawks

Do not worry, It always happen with Firefox, Netscape 7 and Google Crome.
We always do some mistakes in our codes, just check your code, sure you will find error there. So not forget to send your link so that we can told you what is that.

Hope this will help you.

Faseeh
http://www.nighthawks.co.in