Enlarge view (?)

TheLivingDead

Hello all! Is it possible with html (or php, css, javascript) to make a link on a web, once clicked, enlarges the viewer browser percentage?

I hope that makes cents... any ideas? :confused:

TheLivingDead

.... My content by design is small.... I would like cater towards older community by simplifying the process of enlarging their view....
I am not planning to FORCE this on anybody's browser... I would provide a link which allows them to zoom if necessary

does nobody know? :confused:

d a v e

their browser already does this -it's not necessary for you to do anything (apart from avoid using pixels for older versions of IE).

if you provide a little bit more detail when you post you get better answers :)

TheLivingDead

ok... for those that visit my web site who may have a tough time viewing my content due to its size, I would like to include an interactive feature on my website that allows the viewer to enlarge the page. I know how to zoom (view options, or ctrl +) but some viewers may not.
I would like to include a link in the header which, once pressed, zooms the content via their browser...

hope this is clear....

d a v e

if you think that your viewers don't know how to this then place instructions on your site explaining how to zoom in their browser (e.g. short cut keys such as ctrl + and the view keys or icons in the browser chrome.

there is no need for *you* to supply a feature that is a part of the browser itself.

TheLivingDead

if you think that your viewers don't know how to this then place instructions on your site explaining how to zoom in their browser (e.g. short cut keys such as ctrl + and the view keys or icons in the browser chrome.

there is no need for *you* to supply a feature that is a part of the browser itself.

thanks for your opinion, d a v e.

although you don't think that i need to include this feature, I would still like to...

does anyone know how to go about this? or better yet IF this is even possible?

d a v e

it's not only my opinion - it's that of many others ;) and it's good practice.

i can see that you're not going to take our word for it - or likely anyone else's so try google. it's certainly going to be more convoluted than making an accessibility page and instructing users there how to go about it. and it will almost certainly involve some js too ;) have fun

rtsand

You can easily increase the font size using javascript (using changeFontSize) without affecting the browsers zoom level. You could also implement an image resize feature and enlarge the images and increase the font when the user clicks your zoom button. This would mimic the browsers zoom feature.

Or you could educate your users on how to use the browsers built-in zoom feature, which would be more beneficial to them because then they would know how to zoom every website they visit, not just yours.

TheLivingDead

Although teaching all of my clients how to properly use their browser sounds like a ton of fun....

....I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!! using a little JQuery I made it happen!!!