Embed A Blog? Or...?

jaykai

Hello! I was wondering if any one knows or can give me an idea of how to do this. Basically I run a production company and I'm putting together a site for one of the artits that I do work for. I'm trying to set it up so that he can have his own blog right on the page. Is there some way that I can embed a blog for him to easily manage and post messages without needing me to go in and edit the page? (visitors don't have to go to a third party site, ex a link to a blogger page, just to see his posts)

Thank you,

-Justin

sheanhoxie

If you just want to give them the ability to perform updates without people posting comments etc. I would opt for something simple like http://cushycms.com. Pretty cool site, all you have to do is add a class tag to the items you want them to edit and then setup the ftp info then all they need to do is log in and type!

voodish

On initial impressions that CushyCMS looks good, but isn't this an extravagant third party solution?

That said, it is a nice little system for the ultra beginner, but I would opt to install my own Blog software and have full control over the storage of data.

wetgravy

cushy is good if he doesn't have alot to update. but as for blogs ... you really don't want to embed one into a page since it has alot of changing things, as well as you have to deal with their code if they do something crazy. I would install a blog for him on his own site that has rss and for on your site just have an rss updater that will just load his posts automatically to your code. that way you can get his blog on your site without having to deal with embedding, iframes, or his blog directly on your site.