email form (beginner in need of help)

kille026

hi there, im not a web designer and i dont have alot of knowledge in coding but im trying to put together a webpage dor my small business,

im writing in html and found a code for a email form where u can put your email and write a message to my mail, didnt want to use an external program so used a php script, wasnt as easy as copy paste so. as i said i have no experience what so ever. -.-

would anyone care to take a look and maybe help me out?

//P

dzwestwindsor

would anyone care to take a look and maybe help me out?

Uh, take a look at what? Can we see where you found that tutorial? What about a link to your site?

ishie

I'm not very good at php. I only use EmailMeForm. It's a a free online form generator service that can create HTML forms. You don't need any scripts.

Denno

I just use FormToEmail. There is both premium and free versions, but I only use the free one. It's very very easy to set up. All you need to do is input your email address, and then set the forms action to be the location of the php file.

HTML:
<form action="FormToEmail.php" method="post">
//form fields go here
</form>

That will work perfectly. You can go through the FormToEmail.php file and customize the format of the email that is sent to you, change the 'From' email when you receive one, and also add a continue link for visitors to follow once the form is sent. You can also scroll down in that file until you find some familiar html code, this is the page that will be shown once the form has been submitted. You may very well want to customize this.

Otherwise, just make sure you put your email address into the appropriate place in the script (it is heavily commented to make it very easy), and you're good to go.

FormToEmail: http://formtoemail.com

Denno