Email address on site

graphic.flaw

This may not be the proper place to put this, but it seemed to fit. I am trying to figure out a way to display my company email address without having spam bots pick it up. From all the stuff I've been reading these things are pretty advanced these days and my current host doesn't allow for forms to be mailed so a script is kind of out of the question atm (until i upgrade my host). I am wondering if there is a surefire way or if even just displaying it as a jpg/png file would do it? Although it wouldn't be selectable it would at least put it out there.

Thanks!

Andrew

DHDdirect

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
function x543gd34h53(to){ document.write('&nbsp;&nbsp;<a style="color: #666666"'+' href='+'"mai'+'lto:'+to+'@'+'you'+'rdom'+'ainname.co'+'m">'+to+'@'+'yo'+'urdomai'+'nname.com<'+'/a>');}
x543gd34h53('tosomeone');
//-->
</script>

Backseat

Looks pretty complicated to me, I have two questions about this.

1) wouldn't it be enough to just use 2 or 3 times the + sign? (if they can't read 3 they can't read 20?)

2) are you sure they won't pick this up? I know if I wrote something scanning for emails I'd pick this up for sure! Then again, spammers might not the most advanced users out there...

Not to criticize your answer, it's just something I've been thinking about as well.

thevictorchen

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
function x543gd34h53(to){ document.write('&nbsp;&nbsp;<a style="color: #666666"'+' href='+'"mai'+'lto:'+to+'@'+'you'+'rdom'+'ainname.co'+'m">'+to+'@'+'yo'+'urdomai'+'nname.com<'+'/a>');}
x543gd34h53('tosomeone');
//-->
</script>

DHDdirect, that's a pretty good idea. I've never thought of that! Thanks!