Easiest web design software?

chowchow

I assumed iWeb would be easy and it seemed to be for the most part. But after I uploaded my website and viewed it, I found that none of my jpeg images showed up. So I went to Apple's website for iWeb's discussion forum and found one person who said that iWeb's javascript is web-unfriendly. And there was all this discussion with meta tags, etc.; all this web jargon that I don't know about at all -- is this unavoidable even with the easiest web design software?

Is there some other web design software that is much easier and much more straightforward to use? Because this is all like Greek to me, I just want a program that will do what I need; my website design is actually extremely simple and minimal, so I didn't want to have to get all technical.

Last edited:

Bronzy

Dream weaver and CMS is the best option for you if you are making web site. Use photo shop and flash gives animation help.HTML and Java script helps you in coding part if you don't want complex coding.

Pixel Punch

If you are serious about doing things well, I would recommend Microsoft Visual Web Developer. It has a WYSIWYG editor like Dreamweaver, but will help you a lot more if you plan to start writing code yourself. Also, its completely free.

adamblan

I'd recommend installing a Content Management System (CMS) such as Drupal, Joomla, or Wordpress with a template you like. Once you've got the content management installed, you won't have to worry about any code...

zenaira

Is making a web site difficult to do? What would you suggest that I am going to use? Joomla or Dreamweaver?

richgcs

I am a big fan of WordPress and recommend for lot of my clients. Its easy to install and once installed its easy to change content and design. In order to install WordPress you will need a hosting service with php and mysql and ftp access to your site.

adamblan

Is making a web site difficult to do? What would you suggest that I am going to use? Joomla or Dreamweaver?

If you're brand new to the sometimes tangled web of coding, I'd definitely use Joomla (or Drupal or Wordpress) to get started, rather than designing it yourself in DW, Frontpage, Notepad ++, etc.

After you've established a presence online, then try figuring out how it all works & design your own custom template :)