Easiest way of changing text on site

alex87

I want to make a simple website, one page (text only) has to be able to be changed in a quick and easy way. Maybe something with a login name and a really simple editor. How can I do this? thanks in advance

shaneiadt

cmsmadesimple might be overkill for just one page...if it were me i'd just wipe up a login page for updating the text. But if you don't know how to definitely go for cmsmadesimple :)

dmkeith2

Website Changes Made Easy

Hey,

There are a couple of methods available for you.

1. I personally love Joomla, it is a great way to edit content, you will need hosting that has Linux/MySQL capabilities.

2. Something else you can do is check with your web host for a possible Fantastico app where you can just click a button and it is installed instantly...this includes several content management systems, websites in HTML, blogs and more.

3. Mentioning blogs above, wordpress is great also.

Now many of these opensource apps have free templates with them as well, you can stay updated.

jamesb

I would personally go with Joomla. Most hosts even offer free installation of this great open source content management system. There are many great free templates which you can use and they are easy to adapt to your wishes and requirements.

adamblan

Installing Joomla to administrate a single page...:eek: WTF??? Ya'll realize that Joomla has more gadgets than just about anyone in their right mind would use, right?
KISS :rolleyes:

specialk

Notepad is pretty easy to use, if you are only looking to edit text, open it, change it, ftp it to the server. If you are looking for a way to edit things online you may look at joomla or wordpress, they are good cms apps.

horrorshow75

Do a php include of a .txt file. Open up notepad change your text and upload overwriting the old .txt file. Easiest way for one page also the benefit over changing the html file everytime is if you have other people editing they can't accidetally screw up any of the html code.

file.txt = whatever your file name would be.

Create a file named index.php and put the following in it.

Code:
<html>
<body>
<?php include("file.txt"); ?>
</body>
</html>

CT-Matt

Here you go; this solution has worked for me many times. It lets you edit pages you specify from within any web browser, secured by a password. No notepad or FTP needed to make updates; only to initially install the little engine (it's fairly simple).

Link and Description:

http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/56700.html

aBitWhizzy provides an extremely lightweight way of providing WYSIWYG (like a word processor) editing for HTML pages on your website. You can easily set up a template for page content that is common across pages, then you or other users can edit pages with the embedded Whizzywig editor. aBitWhizzy is fast and simple. There is no database to configure. If you add it to an existing site it will pick up HTML pages that are already there. Content Management does not get any easier than this. Updated to use latest features of Whizzywig.

horrorshow75

Here you go; this solution has worked for me many times. It lets you edit pages you specify from within any web browser, secured by a password. No notepad or FTP needed to make updates; only to initially install the little engine (it's fairly simple).

Link and Description:

http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/56700.html

aBitWhizzy provides an extremely lightweight way of providing WYSIWYG (like a word processor) editing for HTML pages on your website. You can easily set up a template for page content that is common across pages, then you or other users can edit pages with the embedded Whizzywig editor. aBitWhizzy is fast and simple. There is no database to configure. If you add it to an existing site it will pick up HTML pages that are already there. Content Management does not get any easier than this. Updated to use latest features of Whizzywig.

Are you able to download the script? I wanted to check it out but I get a 404 error when i click download.