E-Mail Marketing

mico

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong spot - just trying to get some feedback on email marketing. I have a client who has about 25k names on a supposedly clean list. I tried emailing an "intro" or "welcome back" email to the subscribers and after 4,000 messages went out, Constant Contact blocked the list. I know they are strict (1 in 1,000 are allowed to mark you as spam), but I am trying to figure a way out to clean the list before trying to email them again and avoid getting my account suspended.

Anyone know of any cleaning service? Ideas????

Obviously it would make sense to start with a clean list, but things have changed so much in the past few years, the client has been sloppy about keeping accurate records over the past 6 years.

AlvinAquiler

@martinxdave - how do you say so? are an experienced person regarding the email marketing?

@ jollymark - why have you copy-pasted the things you posted?

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
@alvinaquiler

martinxdave is just pushing his own agenda and blatantly self promoting without actually offering any help.
jollymark is even worse as he is trying to "appear" knowledgable but is just missing the point it feels and pretty useless with his wikipedia cut'npaste effort anyway.

to the OP, i've recently had a client that had a very disorganised email database of around 17000. it was absolutely torturous to go through that list and fix all the errors. A mailout using the original listing should give you a list of accounts that either are incorrectly spelled, or simply do not exist anymore.
DELETE them straight away from the list.
with the other emails that may have bounced, get the client to contact these people himself to update their details (if the client has phone numbers)
The ones that open the initial campaign are your good emails. keep this list.
review the list that didn't open the email.
in the end a smaller list but higher quality is a far better outcome. you might lose 10k of emails but this'll be a lot easier to manage and you'll have a better quality to begin with.

find out through your email campaign system what the max you can send out before getting hit with the spam treatment. some are better than others.
campaign monitor
http://www.campaignmonitor.com
worth checking out.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
sarahstanley how original
Email marketing is a form of direct marketing which uses electronic mail as a means of communicating commercial or fund-raising messages to an audience. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing.

Absolution

Email marketing is a form of direct marketing which uses electronic mail as a means of communicating commercial or fund-raising messages to an audience. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing. However, the term is usually used to refer to:

* sending email messages with the purpose of enhancing the relationship of a merchant with its current or previous customers, to encourage customer loyalty and repeat business,
* sending email messages with the purpose of acquiring new customers or convincing current customers to purchase something immediately,
* adding advertisements to email messages sent by other companies to their customers, and
* sending email messages over the Internet, as email did and does exist outside the Internet.

Reported the turd biscuit!

dwell

There are many ways to market the products. The latest methods are through mobile and internet which will reach people very soon and cost effective.

anmolmark

Email marketing is a form of direct marketing which uses electronic mail as a means of communicating commercial or fund-raising messages to an audience. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing. However, the term is usually used to refer to:

* sending email messages with the purpose of enhancing the relationship of a merchant with its current or previous customers, to encourage customer loyalty and repeat business,Email marketing helps you keep customers and prospects coming back—by using attractive, professional-looking email communications to stay in regular touch with them and build strong customer relationships. It's better and more effective than regular email.Email marketing is, as the name suggests, the use of email in marketing communications.Email marketing is the advertisement of a product, service, or brand through electronic mail. Email marketing can be used to improve the relationship between a business and its customers or to gain new customers.