E-commerce Design Help

destrit

I am currently in the midst of creating a web store and need some opinions from the experts here as I am somewhat new to this stuff.

Should someone who is new to this use something like Shopfactory to build a store or could it be done with relative ease by using a purchased template on the web and Sitebuilder or Joomla.

I looked at Shopfactory but I'm afraid that Shopfactory is more a generic site builder based on pushing out more generic templated stores than anything. I may be wrong thats why I am asking. Cost for the software is about 500.00 and 1,000.00 for the upgraded version..

Instead, I was thinking of purchasing a professional template from the web and then using something like joomla or sitebuilder, since they seem to be the simplest to learn, to build upon that. I wanted to also use Zencart or Cube cart as my cart service. Do you guys think that its feasible for
someone whos is kind of new to this stuff to get this done with relative ease especially if I purchase a template?

Any help would be appreciated.

DHDdirect

I would suggest Avactis for an ecommerce solution. I've purchased a few licenses for my customers and short of sounding like a salesman it's fairly inexpensive and works on a tag system so it is capabile of being implemented into any web site. Multiple payment and shipping options and so forth. I believe they offer up some templates as well but check into it first.