Dreamweaver vs php

inkui

kan man på något sätt redigera sin phpsida i tex dreamweaver och sen se hur sidan ser ut i splimode. Tänkte om man måste ha en server. Kan man isåfall koppla dreamweaver till en webbhotellet och redigera den därifrån. Eller ska man redigera och koppla med egen apache och sen upp på hotellet

Is there any way to edit my php site with Dreamweaver and then see how the site looks in splitmode? I was thinking if you had to have a server? If so, can I connect Dreamweaver to a webhotel and then edit from there? Or do I need to edit and connect with an own apache and then up to the webhotel?

Thanks in advance,
Richard aka inkui

petergerry

There are so many great features in Dreamweaver that you would not get in ordinary html editors. The CSS tools is a perfect example. Using the point and click CSS window, you can start adding CSS styles to your sites.

inkui

There are so many great features in Dreamweaver that you would not get in ordinary html editors. The CSS tools is a perfect example. Using the point and click CSS window, you can start adding CSS styles to your sites.

yes, but in php?? i need a server then? explain please

johnmarsh12

If you do edit any code, there are tools on Dreamweaver that help to correct any mistakes in the syntax. There are so many great features in Dreamweaver that you would not get in ordinary html editors.With the built in pop-up menus in the tag inspector, you can create the types of navigation links you see on professional looking sites. Dreamweaver does all the coding for you, all you need to do is point and click a few times.

johnmarsh12

With the built in pop-up menus in the tag inspector, you can create the types of navigation links you see on professional looking sites. Dreamweaver does all the coding for you, all you need to do is point and click a few times.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow. Lots of love for Dw. Let's snap back to reality. DHD had it right. Xampp is the way to go for local testing. Or you can upload to a server that supports php and test from there.