Dreamweaver Header Issue.

parkershots

Hi,

I'm new to this website and new to webdesign. I've just set up a photography business and decided to build my own website. I'm generally pleased with the result but I recently found out that athough it displays correctly on my laptop, it's not displaying the same other places.

I was wondering if someone could help.

The address is www.parkershots.com

The first issue is that the header should only be 70 pixels in height giving an equal space above and below the "parkershots logo". It displays as such on my laptop but on others it appears to be almost double that.

The 2nd issue, is that the menu bar should sit half in the header area and half in the body. This works fine when the header is only 70 pixels in height, but not so when the header is increased on some machines.

Please can anyone help me with why this is happening and what I need to do to change it?

Thanks

parkershots

I've tried setting a max height to the header of 70 pixels but that still doesn't change anything. It appears as though the header is stretching, but the logo within the header is not, so it must be a property of the header.

Please help

VanguardBuilder

Possible suggestion

I would try to use an app div in the Header where you can load the picture as a background and this way you're picture can be set to stay in proportion with your header. I am not sure if this would work or not It sounds like a logical solution though.

Vanish Design

It only looks off in IE6. Your header div is going to stretch to fit in the navigation div. The quickest fix would be to take the navigation div out of the header div and use position: relative with a top: -10px (or whatever value) to get it to sit up where you have it in Firefox. I can think of six different ways to do it but this would require the least changes to your code, i.e. it is quick & dirty