Dreamweaver file mismanagement

Eric

I believe I’m making some kind of simple rookie mistake in setting up my dreamweaver site and I’m hoping one of the veterans out there can find the mistake before I do. I set up my local, remote and testing servers (MAMP) and got my site working fine while testing it on Firefox. I ran the “check links sitewide” (should have a long time ago-1st mistake) and to my surprise all my links were broken. My links were set up as rootfolder/filename and I fixed them by changing them to /filename. Once I did this it works fine on the remote server, but as you might guess, they are now broken on my testing server. Here’s how I have my folders set up in dreamweaver:

Local: Macintosh HD:Users:myname:rootfolder Links relative to site root
Testing: Macintosh HD:Applications:MAMP:htdocs:rootfolder
URL prefix http://localhost8888/rootfolder

I thought this was how it was supposed to be set up. Suggestions?

LouTheDesigner

I would just use the target/drag tool (I forget the actual name) to connect a link to the correct page. Then change the settings to that the links are relative to the documents, rather than the site root.

Everything should be fine after that.

Eric

thanks lou, I changed the link setting from root to relative and re-linked a file with the draggy-thing in design view to see what happens. The link it made was /file, just like I have now to make my remote server work. Does this mean I have the testing server set-up wrong somehow? How did I get off by one directory? Driving me crazy.