Dreamweaver compadibility?

crash3173

Hi Folks, I design my webpages in Dreamweaver, and I was wondering if theres any free web editing software my clients can download to edit these pages without messing up the formatting? It is a new business and I don't want to be responsible for updating these pages, so I need something I can tell my clients to download so they can update them themselves. Right now the free software I've checked disregards all Dreamweaver scripting such as preloaded drop down menus. HELP!

LouTheDesigner

I think you're out of luck unless you or your client are willing to buy Adobe Contribute (which is incredibly easy to use).

I don't know of any free alternatives. It's a shame.

crash3173

Yea I'm trying to avoid making my clients buy anything additional. I stick to small businesses and its hard enough trying to convince them to spend the money on a real site. Right now my only issue is my drop down menus, is there other ways of making drop down menus for the navigation bar other than using Dreamweaver behaviors?

bugeyesweb

The solution is to create the site with sections that are uneditable on the web page if it's set as a template. And give you clients the program called contribute, which came from the macromedia collection. In any case you should be creating a content management system for your clients to completely resolve your problem.

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
The solution is to create the site with sections that are uneditable on the web page if it's set as a template. And give you clients the program called contribute, which came from the macromedia collection. In any case you should be creating a content management system for your clients to completely resolve your problem.

Fully agree. You need to lock down certain areas so the client cannot edit them. Best solution is to implement a CMS. Use a free one like Joomla or WordPress. That should make life easier for you and your client(s) in the long run.