Dreamweaver 8, CS3, CS4?

thekiller105

I'm currently using DW 8 to build my site. I am curious about how much different CS3, and CS4 from it? I had started a Lynda course on DW 8, but was just offered the chance to upgrade to CS3, or possibly CS4. I basically just want to hear some opinions on these newer versions, and how the transition would affect my work. All advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!

mrandrei

These Dreamweaver software have similar features. All of them have CSS properties navigator as well as the HTML properties that we're used to. In Dreamweaver CS4, however, the following aren't found anymore:

* Timelines
* Web services
* Layout mode
* Site Map view
* Java Bean support
* Flash elements (Image Viewer)
* Flash text and Flash buttons
* ASP.NET and JSP server behaviors and recordsets

LouTheDesigner

These Dreamweaver software have similar features. All of them have CSS properties navigator as well as the HTML properties that we're used to. In Dreamweaver CS4, however, the following aren't found anymore:

* Timelines
* Web services
* Layout mode
* Site Map view
* Java Bean support
* Flash elements (Image Viewer)
* Flash text and Flash buttons
* ASP.NET and JSP server behaviors and recordsets

I hope you're not seriously suggesting DW8, or CS3, over CS4. I've been an avid user of all 3, and CS4 wins hands down.

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another cool feature that was incorporated into all CS4 apps (Ai, Ps, Dw, etc) is the tabbed view for all open documents. Yeah this maybe minor, and not a big deal to some, but i am a big fan of organization. The tabbed view allows you to jump between docs very easily.

zartwork

CS4 is great on all fronts, dreamweaver included. After you purchase a full version, upgrading isnt too much money