Dotted lines appearing round my links in Firefox

webamateur

Hi, I've just created website. The links in my menu are gifs created in Photoshop. There is no problem when viewed through Internet Explorer but when viewed through Firefox each time I click on a link a dotted line shows round the gif, first red, then blue, obviously to show active link, etc. How can I stop these dotted lines appearing ? Site is www.aliceinscotland.com

cmjvulavala

You need to add the following CSS code to your links styles
Code:
a:link {
YOUR LINK STYLING
}
a:visited {
YOUR LINK STYLING
}
a:hover {
YOUR LINK STYLING
}
a:active {
YOUR LINK STYLING
[COLOR="Red"]outline:none[/COLOR]
}

cmjvulavala

The border:none attribute sets the properties on the link not having a border around it. The little dots around the outside of the link that webamateur is talking about is actually an outline when you click and hold down your mouse on a link; meaning you need to use the outline:none attribute instead of the border:none attribute. Basically the dots are independant of your border and I have got a few CSS menus which uses borders but the outline:none is there to remove the dots :)

webamateur

Thanks both. I have now had time to amend all pages and problem solved.
Now I have another issue with Alt tags appearing fine in Internet Explorer but not appearing in Mozilla Firefox. Any suggestions?
Will post this question as normal.

Webamateur

constanthosting

Firefox does not display the ALT attribute in a tooltip because the ALT attribute is defined as being the text displayed in place of the image if the images does not load and the TITLE attribute is defined as being displayed in a tooltip over the image. ;)