Does this look like a chid did it?

newherehello

Does this look like a child did it?

I've been working on some things suggested and there is one thing I'd really love to know, does my website looks like a child did it? I'm new and it's my first attempt at web design so I'd like to get a few raw opinions on the look and feel of the site. Thanks.

csi.agilityhoster.com

Last edited:

Camilo

Looks pretty solid for your first one. I definitely commend you on your choice of high quality pictures and color scheme. One thing I noticed was at the top of the page. It reads:
hProviding Exceptional Security For Exceptional Clientsg
I am not sure why there is an "h" at the beginning and a "g" at the end. Easy to fix, and again the overall design looks relatively professional. Great job!

tim84

Nice design overall. I only have one suggestion that is to use Arial Fonts instead of Times New Romans. Much easier on the eyes.

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice design overall. I only have one suggestion that is to use Arial Fonts instead of Times New Romans. Much easier on the eyes.

I second that. Good design. Couple comments though....

1.) Center the design, so all the content doesn't sit on the left side in a large browser window. This is a big one.

2.) I am not into the navigation bar. It looks like it is just floating there. Maybe add some sort of supporting structure/graphic? Plus, increase the contrast between the text and the graphics so they are easier to read.

3.) I would ease back on some of the photoshop layer effects, especially in the company title... subtle is best.

4.) This is me being picky but ...the graphic at the top is two steel plates right? Then, I should not be able to see the one below being overlapped. Steel is not transparent :)

Good job, hope this helps.

mrandrei

You did a great job. Nice design for a beginner. My only criticism is on the images. I think they are too big.