Do Job Recruiters Have Any Clue What They're Talking About?

greenlightning

I have a resume on Monster.com and at least once a day I either get an email or a phone call with an offer for a job that I'm clearly not qualified for. I explicitly state in my profile that I'm a web designer and that I'm not a programmer, but they don't seem to listen. I've gotten countless offers for C++ programming, Java developer, ASP, PHP, PERL, Ruby, you name it. It's getting kinda annoying. Do these people even read the resume, or do they just see a few keywords and then blast away?

bcee

They don't even read the keywords. In my experience just posting a resume to monster, career builder, etc. will get you plenty of spam.

darrylp

Fortunately I've not posted my resume on monster but I won't deny that it was on my mind. Monster has to fix this loophole, it is very unprofessional if monsters is bugging candidates that way. If monster if offering jobs that way does it mean monster is trying some backdoor policy to get their candidates recruited? This is actually a serious issue and looks like monster is being ignorant about it.