do i have any rights to display graphics created by me if client does not want me to

wizzpig666

I recently had a bad experience with a client...long story short: very good working relationship, did lots of work for him, last project, was promised payment on certain date, client made excuses and failed to make payment, I was not happy and told him as much. Client then turned abusive and aggressive, and has said that i may not display any of the designs i created for him in my portfolio on my website.

The answer to this next question may be obvious to some, but i have no clue in this matter, so :

After having signed over copyrights to client for said images, am i unable to display them in my online portfolio even though i created them ?

Thanks for reading

PS lesson learnt: if he indeed does have the rights to prevent me from displaying this work, in future add clause to copyright sign-over so i can always use my designs in my portfolio -.-

Skizzm

Seems to me you pretty much handed him full rights to your intellectual property which makes it his intellectual property.