DIV width 100% but spaces on edges

FrontPage97

Since nobody knows the answer I finally figured it out. I was missing a body tag.

body {

margin: 0;

padding: 0

}

Get your head out of that design view and start LEARNING.
Now YOU now have learned something. Forums are for people who are trying to learn what they haven't learned or missed in school.

Last edited:

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
You mean the same question you posted on the ap div YouTube video about a month ago that I answered for you there?

It's browser defaults that you need to override. For each project.
You might want to look into reset CSS Eric Meyer's is a good start although it's prob been updated recently...

FrontPage97

You mean the same question you posted on the ap div YouTube video about a month ago that I answered for you there?

It's browser defaults that you need to override. For each project.
You might want to look into reset CSS Eric Meyer's is a good start although it's prob been updated recently...
Nope. Must have been someone else. I have never posted this question before.

chrishirst

Staff member
Since nobody knows the answer I finally figured it out. I was missing a body tag.
That is a margin reset rule for the body element, pedantic yes but knowing the correct terminology is paramount.

Now YOU now have learned something. Forums are for people who are trying to learn what they haven't learned or missed in school.

Actually, no they are not. Tutorials are what you should use for that. Tutorials are like Schools, where you learn by rote or examples.

Forums are places to openly discuss issues or problems with your peers, and learn from them. They are NOT for us to teach you every tiny detail or spoonfeed answers to people.

Forums are more akin University or College where you learn how to learn, and how to find the answers for yourself.