Discover Elkton (reviews please)

SiteExpress

I would suggest some pictures near the heading of local landmarks. It helps identify the site to people that visit. Without something familiar, it is a little difficult to tell what the site is about.

ISDProductions

Thanks, my plan is to put a few pictures at the top in the empty blue space....just waiting on my client...and waiting...and waiting

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Not a fan of the font used, and found it a little too small and hard to read.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
what resolution do you use?
I use 1024x768 which appears to be the new standard resolution these days.

ISDProductions

well, i designed for 800 x 600 in which everything looks to be fine, i usually work in 1280 x 1028 in which things look a little smaller but hardly too small, if your useing 1024 x 768 i think u might need glasses if you think the font is to small :)

SiteExpress

I like the image you used in the banner, however it is somehwat fuzzy or blurry. Could be me or my monitor, but I think that since it appears a little blurry to me, that it does something to the rest of the page.

Also, I would suggest some line spacing, and paragraph breaks. Things like the last line in the paragraph "Thankyou for taking the time to learn about our town, and we hope you return in the future." and the ads below it have no space between them. I think there should be some space there to break up the text a bit.

just my observations.

Kiwiberry

well, i designed for 800 x 600 in which everything looks to be fine, i usually work in 1280 x 1028 in which things look a little smaller but hardly too small, if your useing 1024 x 768 i think u might need glasses if you think the font is to small

I don't know, I'm leaning towards to small. I'm using 800x600 and I think its a little small. It was feeling a bit cluttered to me. Maybe work on the spacing and placement of text/ads. Is it just me or are there a lot of different fonts used?

ISDProductions

yea, different fonts on the different pages, i've taken over someone elses site, in order to validate the code, and optimiaze the pages and what not...the homepage was all i was really looking to show...I don't understand how anyone thinks the fonts are too small on 800x600 they look huge to me? who knows, thanks for all the responses

SiteExpress

here is what I see.

site.gif

StephanieCordray

It would probably be wise to design to 1024 x 768. I think it's the most used resolution now. Using that size would not make it so small at higher resolutions nor would it look too large at the lower resolution... you can size it to fit the pages within 800 x 600 with tables or .css but use a higher resolution.

ISDProductions

Thanks for the tip stephanie...I still think the fonts look fine at all resolutions, but I appreciate all the feedback from everyone... as for designing in 1024 x 768....maybe in a few years, i still find it nerve racking not to design for 640 x 480, but i'm sure thats just me..Thanks everyone for your input:)

StephanieCordray

It's a little hard for me to read with my old eyes, even with my glasses on, but not everybody has the same weaknesses. Good luck with the site. I hope the clients are very happy with it... that's the main thing, isn't it?