DevsEdge.com Conept 1

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, here is the first concept for DevsEdge.com. It's just a basic outline at the moment, but you the idea. The banner image at the top of the road is just a place holder at the moment. Couldn't find anything better to use on my hard drive. Guess it's that time again to go shopping for some stock photography. :p

anyways, here is the layout. Let me know what you think. Looking for some constructive criticism.

Attachments

• layout-1.jpg
    layout-1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

sloojoe

i think you should keep the links to the left. Very few people read from right to left. Plus, you will also avoid user confusion. remember, most people are just stupid, so make it easy on them.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i think you should keep the links to the left. Very few people read from right to left. Plus, you will also avoid user confusion. remember, most people are just stupid, so make it easy on them.
given the nature of the site, i would like to believe that my target demographic should be at least some what computer savvy and can figure out a rather simple navigational system.

here is an updated screen shot, which should give you some more insight to the sites structure as well. please note, certain elements have been removed from this screen shot.

Attachments

• layout-2.jpg
    layout-2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 41

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I like the second image/layout better.
Somehow, I think the first image would detract too much from the site content, the second one is better.