Design software

rathor

Hello, I am looking for a webdesign software. It should be purely design, no coding on the background, I know these, you save it and open it again and mess is going around, also you usually have to open it in the same software to work properly. The coding will be done by another person from a scratch, just with pictures (pdfs) of the design. I am no designer, so I tried photoshop, didn't work for me, as I think it's just for photos, no simple drawing of new things. I searched the web but couldn't find anything appropriate, it's always with the coding part. And please, I could buy some adobe softwares (like illustrator), but have in mind, that I am a computer technician and like to keep it simple with design, no difficult stuff. Thanks for answering in advance :)

chrishirst

Staff member
Start with coloured pencils (not "felt tips" or "gel" pens) and several sheets of A3 paper first.

Then maybe, only maybe, move on to Inkscape or Scribus and having some "design software" will NOT in a million years make you a "designer".

rathor

I am not looking to be a designer, that is not my goal. I just want to do a simple design with a simple software therefore thanks for those to I will check them out.

Presence

With a little experience photoshop has many uses beyond merely photo editing. I've come up with many graphics from scratch...you can use it like a very advanced version of the classic Paint program.

chrishirst

Staff member
I am not looking to be a designer, that is not my goal. I just want to do a simple design with a simple software therefore thanks for those to I will check them out.

Sure, but if you cannot create a design on paper, trying with software will be far more difficult.

Just about EVERYBODY over the age of four years old knows how to draw lines, circles and rectangular boxes on paper.

Before you can learn how to design using software, you have to learn how to draw lines, circles and rectangular boxes on screen.

And if you are using Windows the simplest "design tool" is installed by default with Microsoft Paint, you do not need anything more elaborate to create a "design"

Anjali Banerjee

If you're not a web designer and looking for a tool to create your website quickly and easily, then why not use a website builder? Others have recommended to me Wix, EXAI, and Weebly..

danbnpp

Photoshop is useful and you tube has a lot of videos on how to do all sorts of things you need help with. As far as doing thing on paper, well it doesn't work that well for me but it's a good ideathough, I'll have to remember that. I used to use all sorts of software to make web pages and the most usefull I've found was firstpage and dream weaver cause they gave you help as you made the page, from code hints that tell you what things do what and simple begginer mode which is all drag and drop. Personally I like working with code and dream weaver is good with the design mode to code mode. I stay away from those drag and drop design software since it limits you and can be a pain when it messes up. I've seen lots of post on those kind of software and sometimes it can be a pain.