Design fight : which is the best ?

guillaumeb

Hi all,

I'm currently considering another design for my little lifestream.

Few days ago I asked you about:
www.streamlog.net

it seemed quite ok to you. But then i like challenges even for personal web design :) So iwant to go for something even simpler. What do you think about this redesign

(Not talking about validation issues. haven't try those test yet, just the overall design)

thank a lot

PS : FYI my inspiration for the second design was daringfireball.net and ifelse.co.uk

Last edited:

anna

You know, I really like the re-design. I personally liked the first one, but now that I see the next draft, it's much easier on the eyes. It's streamlined yet effective. Great job!

guillaumeb

Thanks for your feedbacks i do appreciate. OK well anyway I decided to move on with the work in progress now install on my lifestream. The initial links are now irrelevant

ishie

It's pretty basic. Not bad at all, but the layout looks like a template that you can download for free. Perhaps, you'd want to add colors to it, or make a header image or something.

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are both very similar...but I do prefer the redesign simply because the form is not the first thing i see.

FYI - website markup (html) issue...don't use empty div tags to break floats. Instead, use hidden overflow and/or clears. It just better practice and provides cleaner code. If you need an example, send me a pm.

bcee

I like the first one better. While the second is definitely more legible I just really like the gray/red combo and the fonts. The second looks like a template.

bcee

They are both very similar...but I do prefer the redesign simply because the form is not the first thing i see.

FYI - website markup (html) issue...don't use empty div tags to break floats. Instead, use hidden overflow and/or clears. It just better practice and provides cleaner code. If you need an example, send me a pm.

Oh ya. This is sound advice, he set me on the straight path.