"Decal?!?!"

Discussion in 'Graphic Design' started by Travo925, May 16, 2005.

to remove all ads.
  1. Travo925

Travo925 New Member

I have photoshop 7 for mac. And I was trying to make a "decal"(or whatever it would be called. What I am trying to do is to take a logo I have created for one of my sites, and have the space behind the graphic "clear". So I can place that on top of my header so I can hyper link it. If you guys have any other methods in which this could be done please help me out. I am using Photoshop 7 and Dreamweaver MX 2004 for mac, I also have fireworks MX 2004 for windows if that could be used for anything.

2. beekeeper

beekeeper New Member

Sounds like maybe you want to creat a gif with a transparent background, but your requests sound a bit cloudy.
    Try saving for web out of PS and make sure it has no background, then in the save for web dialog make sure transparency is checked. This is good for line art and low color things, but drop shadows and whatnot will not work well.
    Also, you can tell the save for web what color background it will be on incase there are aliased pixels that need to be changed.

3. Travo925

Travo925 New Member

yea...thank you I got it.. I kinda of just skipped over the whole transparency option, not putting 2 and 2 together :)